Codemasters Pune is expanding its Quality Assurance department and is looking to recruit highly talented and incredibly enthusiastic individuals as Test Engineers to work on our prestigious titles across current generation gaming consoles, PC as well as mobile devices
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Management of a series of QA platform leads and overall management of the assigned QA team workload.
- Organisation and prioritisation of the work load for the entire QA test team.
- Management of large QA teams across multiple geographic locations.
- Complete creation of QA test plans and associated test sheets – on a per project basis.
- Management of test sheets and entry of their results into the master QA test plan.
- Communication with head office (on a daily basis) to provide status updates and reports.
- Mentoring of all QA Testers (at all levels) in testing and bug writing skills.
- Ability to resolve problems relating to the QA test team and workload and escalate those beyond their control to senior management.
- Testing features, systems, feature sets, test cases and assets on assigned projects.
- Identifying, isolating and reproducing issues from the testing – following the company’s processes & procedures.
- Reporting identified issues in a database concisely and accurately.
- Validating addressed issues to determine their status.
“Must Have” skills, characteristics and attributes:
- Minimum +5 years games industry experience with 3+ years managing a QA team for AAA titles.
- Excellent understanding of the Project – Development and QA lifecycles.
- The ability to prioritize workload, manage risk, working to strict deadlines.
- Ability to teach QA Technicians, Senior Technicians in all areas of QA testing and bug writing.
- Excellent knowledge regarding bug writing, bug classification.
- Strong database skills, Atlassian JIRA knowledge preferable.
- Excellent Team Management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Familiar & comfortable with Microsoft Office.
- A team player but also has the ability to work alone.
- Be an incredibly passionate video games player and be knowledgeable about games and gaming – from both current and recent generations of home console hardware releases.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Extraordinarily curious, patient and enthusiastic.
- Exceptionally rigorous and methodical.
- Excessively tenacious, observant and organised.
- Superb levels of focus and attention to detail.
- Exemplary levels of English comprehension.
- Impeccable levels of verbal communication in English.
- Faultless levels of written communication in English.
- Education degree level education or equivalent.