If you’ve turned on your PS4 recently, you might have noticed our patch arrive. There’s a lot of updates to talk about, so firstly to kick things off: sports updates and livery updates.
We’ve updated car models and liveries for the following teams: Lotus F1 Team, Manor Marussia F1 Team, McLaren Honda, Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team, Sahara Force India F1 Team, Scuderia Ferrari, Williams Racing. Seven out of the ten cars have been updated – as requested by the teams – here’s how they’ve been changed, with some brand new screenshots to match:
- Lotus F1 Team: The Lotus has had a livery update, with new sponsors added.
- Manor Marussia F1 team: The livery has been completely updated, including colours and new logos.
- McLaren Honda: We’ve given the McLaren a new nose cone, along with some more livery updates.
- Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team : The Mercedes has had a livery update; the sponsors’ logos have been reordered.
- Williams Racing: The Williams has been given a livery update, and we’ve repositioned and added new logos to the car.
- Sahara Force India F1 Team: The Force India has been given a new front wing and new nose cone. We’ve also updated the livery.
- Scuderia Ferrari: The Ferrari’s front wing has been given a new configuration, we’ve added vents on the tops of the side pods, a new wing above the exhaust, adjusted shape to the rear engine cover and added a new vent on the spine of the car.
We’ve also adjusted the relative performance of teams/drivers based on the season results, and in general, Nasr and Ericsson are now more evenly matched, Perez is quicker than Hulkenberg and Kvyat is closer to Ricciardo.
For those of you not on PS4, these changes will be coming to Xbox One and PC in the very near future.
It isn’t just sport and livery updates we’ve added with this PS4 patch, and below you can find the rest of the patch notes:
PS4 – v1.06
- Added support for the Thrustmaster T150
- Added a session list screen which is available via the Multiplayer menu. This screen will allow players to search for all public sessions and join the one they want to. Custom and Hopper sessions will be visible on this list.
- Multiplayer fixes and improvements:
o Fixed the players met section so it now updates correctly.
o Added additional information to lobbies so players can see how much progress has been made in the current session.
o Parc ferme rules are no longer incorrectly applied so players will not get their fuel locked to 100kg in qualifying or not be able to change their tyres at the start of a race if they qualified outside the top ten.
o Fixed an issue that would cause a players car to always be ghosted during timed qualifying sessions.
o Fixed framerate and lag spikes causing incorrect collisions.
o Fixed a bug that meant connections with limited upload bandwidth would appear laggy while on track and eventually disconnect.
o Disallowing Brake Assist will no longer also block ABS.
o Fixed a bug which made the screen pulse black when spectating specific cars in specific circumstances.
o Minor hopper improvements and changes
- Removed the AI from all hoppers.
- Removed the assist restrictions from the Hardcore hopper.
- Made the countdown timer longer and prevented it from starting for a short time if there are not many players in the session to try to allow more people to join.
- Changed the grid order to random from realistic. So now the players Mercedes cars will not always start on the front row.
- Full practice is now available in Quick Race.
- Added a Strict corner cutting rules option.
- Corrected a problem with the corner cutting rules that could mean you get a penalty even if you run wide and lost time.
- Removed the incorrect second DRS detection zone from the Mexico mini map. This was not present in the actual track data.
- Corrected the number of laps for the Mexican Grand Prix to 71 laps.
- The player is now correctly disqualified for not using both compounds in a dry weather race.
- Improvements to AI behaviour in Qualifying:
- AI will no longer all leave the garage at the same time.
- AI will no longer use Prime tyres in Q2.
- AI will always do two runs in Short Qualifying and Q3.
- Made the D-Pad menu more responsive to use.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause OSD messages to remain on screen or to never display. This was mostly reported online but can be seen offline too.
- Fixed an issue that would cause new tyres to be too cold when they’re put on at a pit stop.
- Fixed a problem that could cause unrealistic lap times in practice and qualifying.
- Updated the tyres for Russia to Super Soft and Soft.
As always, let us know what you think in the comments below, or in our forum thread here!