Codemasters’ award winning Racing Studio is expanding and looking for developers to work on the DiRT and Grid franchises. Based at the Company HQ Campus, just outside of Royal Leamington Spa in Warwickshire, the Racing Studio is looking for Graphics Programmers with experience designing, implementing and maintaining cutting edge rendering technology. Successful candidates will be working on the studio’s in-house graphics engine and contributing to advances on the latest hardware.
- Extending the existing rendering tech to meet new requirements on the next generation of hardware.
- Working as part of a team to design and implement future rendering technology.
- Liase with Artists to ensure that requirements are understood and assets produced correctly
- Feature estimation and reporting to Team Lead
- Fluent C++
- Experience in a graphics role on previous titles, ideally with areas of specialisation.
- Thorough knowledge of interactive rendering techniques
- Strong 3D maths skills.
- Experience with DirectX
- Experience writing shaders (HLSL/CG etc.)
- A good degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as games, computer science, maths or engineering.
- Experience using version control software
- Ability to write clear and maintainable code
- Optimisation of performance sensitive code
- Experience of development on console and PC platforms.
- Good industry track record, such as previously published products
- An ideal candidate will be highly driven and self-motivated
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Good teamwork skills
- A passion for games.
You might also like
National Careers Week – Tips and Insight for Young Professionals from Games Industry Pros
GintoGaming comes to Codemasters
Brain’s Eden Game Jam 2018
Codemasters visits Staffs Uni for GradEX 2018
Codemasters guest lecture at Huddersfield Uni