The Codies League Championship – GP 4 Results

by 

on 

April 14, 2014

Just when we thought it couldn’t get any better round four of the Codies League Championship proved to be one of the most intense races of the season so far.

With the top two teams still battling it out and the other teams being so close together, the standings could look completely different come the chequered flag on the fifth and final round, which takes place later this week.

Qualifying ended with Total Racing Leagues’ TRL Rosberg and TRL Limitless owning the front row closely followed by Apex Online Racing’s Noble 2909 and x Matty G who makes his return to the league after his absence last week. Less than 0.8 of a second separated the top five so we knew it was going to be a close race.

What a race it was, clean driving with some great battles and even a few spots of rain thrown in just to keep the drivers on their toes. The final lap speaks for itself and has to be seen to be believed.

LEAGUE-standings-GP4

We caught up with Vortex Racing League Team Principal and one of their drivers post race to hear what they had to say.

Phibes (VRL)

6 points from this race came courtesy of LHR xX N3R0 Xx and he had a good race on the whole. Our other driver, JDM BananaHamok, was involved in a start incident which lost him time and he was pushed around a little later on in the race by other drivers it seemed, which meant he ended up in 11th place.

I can’t believe that the next race is the last in this championship. While we aren’t high up in the championship, (though I am hoping for that to change next week with a good result in Brazil), it’s been great fun racing against some top leagues.

LHR xX N3R0 Xx (VRL)

A good race, I did the best I could and I had good fun battling with some of the other drivers.

LEAGUE-league_standings-GP4

With the final race taking part this Wednesday at 8pm it really can go either way for our top teams who are both vying to become named the winners of the first Codies League Championship. Tune in to the action over on our Twitch channel at 8:00 PM BST 9/4/14 and follow along on Twitter for all the action and news on track.

About Lee Williams

Codemasters Community Manager, beard grower, biscuit stealer and fan of all things off road.

View all posts by Lee Williams

You might also like