The Codies League Championship – GP 5 Results

by 

on 

April 23, 2014

Last week marked the end of our very first Codies League Championship and as expected the final race was another great spectacle of incredible racing.

The Championship winner still wasn’t decided going into the final race with TRL only 14 points behind Championship leaders AOR. In fact, almost every league was battling for a position; a single point separated IFR and XRL. While VRL only sat 2 points behind fifth place Pinnacle.

Qualifying saw AOR’s Noble 2909 take pole position with team-mate x Matty G securing third. TRL Limitless filled the gap in second and team-mate TRL Rosberg started in fourth. If these positions remained until the end of the race AOR would win the Championship with an impressive 45 point lead. TRL had a lot of work to do, see if they pulled it off in the race replay below.

You can catch the second part of the race here.

We caught up with some of the drivers after the race, here’s what they had to say.

Dramatic Naven (VRL)

“What an awesome end to the Codemasters League Championship! We had a lot of bad luck but we finally got 2 cars in the points. JDM BananaHamok and myself worked well as a team and brought home some decent points to secure 5th place overall. It has been amazing battling with drivers throughout the race and it was so close. I lost out on the finishing line by just thousandths of a second. Thanks to Codemasters for organising this and it has been great to race against such great people.”

Phibes (VRL Admin)

“The final race was probably the most successful race for VRL in the championship and we finished the race in 7th and 8th with Dramatic Naven and JDM BananaHamok respectively. This result meant we were just able to jump ahead of Pinnacle League in the final standings. Unfortunately I was unable to view the live stream of the race but it seemed like a very exciting race.

I would just like to say what great fun it has been to take part in the championship and the racing I have seen is fantastic, great battles and the last couple of races especially have been superb. I also want to say a big thank you for Codemasters for organising the competition and it has been good to see that what we do in our leagues is recognised. I can’t think of any other company who have done something like this with their games’ leagues.

Congratulations to Apex Online Racing on winning, really fully deserved, and also to Total Racing Leagues who gave them a very close fight, and to all the other leagues too, IFR, Pinnacle, UTR and XRL, for some great racing. For our side at Vortex Racing Leagues, we came 5th, but I am a little disappointed we didn’t come a bit higher. If things went our way then we would be up higher, but as they say, ‘that’s racing’.”

GP5RESULTS

TRL Limitless (TRL)

Overall I’m very happy with my personal performance in the championship, along with the team overall. A few setbacks in races cost us the chance of picking up more points, but credit to AOR and their team work to take the championship in the end. Very much hoping there will be another season so we can challenge once again for the championship! I would like to thank the Formula one game and Codemasters for the opportunity.

xMatty (AOR)

“The Codemasters League Championship was a brilliant experience which I thoroughly enjoyed. Most of the races were hard fought with TRL and the rivalry was immense but we managed to win and hopefully represent AOR as the best league out there. I think the teamwork that myself and Noble displayed was like no other and was one of the deciding factors as to why we came out on top. I’d definitely be up for defending our title if Codemasters decide to run the league again!”

Noble 2909 (AOR)

“It’s been a great experience and a pleasure to race in the championship. Racing alongside familiar faces, as well as new ones made for good enjoyment, and I’m very pleased to have come out on top, along with my team mate and good friend Matty, and of course the rest of the AOR community. Thanks a lot to everyone involved!”

Fisi (AOR Admin)

“Sharing the sentiments of my two drivers really. It’s been a great experience to lead the AOR team through the first ever Codies Championship! Like I’ve said before, I admire Codemasters for interacting with the community in this kind of way, bringing several great league communities together in a competitive atmosphere. From an AOR perspective, TRL especially pushed us very hard until the end, as expected, but I’m very happy for Noble, Matty and the whole community for having AOR’s name come out on top. Thanks to everyone involved with the Championship and hopefully we’ll be back at some point given the chance!”

GP5LEAGUES

So there we have it, Noble 2909 and x Matty G finish first and third ensuring Apex Online Racing finish at the top of table and win the very first Codies League Championship! We have to hand it to them both; their performance throughout the Championship was outstanding and professional throughout. We can’t ignore Total Racing League’s efforts either, their battles with AOR were some of the most intense and entertaining pieces of racing we have ever seen.

International Formula Racing finished in a respectable third place with Xcite Racing a single point behind them in fourth. Vortex Racing League’s strong finish in Interlagos made sure they secured fifth place with Pinnacle just missing out and finishing sixth. Ultimate Throttle Racing finish the season in seventh place with 8 points.

We’d like to say a big thank you to everyone involved in our first Codies League Championship. The admins, the drivers and all of you who tuned in and watched the races live on Twitch. (Cliché alert), there wouldn’t be much of a Championship without you guys!

So what’s next? Well, this is just the beginning for the CLC, and after the response we’ve had we simply have to continue. We’re happy to confirm that we’ll be opening up applications for both PS3 and PC leagues very soon with the PS3 Championship commencing next month and the PC Championship soon after. Information on how to apply will be available on the blog shortly.

About Luke Spring

Community Manager at Codemasters, lover of all things Formula 1. Does not play acoustic guitar.

View all posts by Luke Spring

You might also like