Codies Weekly Update 23-05-14

by 

on 

May 23, 2014

It’s been crazy busy this week at Codemasters – not only have we released F1 Race Stars for free on the App Store, but we also have a brand new discipline video for GRID Autosport, the first of our blog posts from Rallycross super star, David Binks and a competition! So without further delay, let’s get on with it!

This Week’s Big News

F1RS_blog_feat

F1 Race Stars is back and now available for your iPhone and iPad for free! Featuring all the cars, teams and drivers from the 2013 FIA Formula One World Championship racing across over 40 super-charged tracks from 15 Formula 1 Grand Prix locations across the world. Each track has been designed for quick-fire portable gaming and features jumps, shortcuts and a range of awesome power-ups, including Wet Weather, Homing Bubbles, Safety Car and many more. The Best thing? It’s free to download on the App Store now!

GRID Autosport

255220_2014-05-09_00421Focus on Endurance

It’s the dead of night and the illumination of the starting straight fades into the background, track lighting is at a minimum and the headlights from your competitors shine into the night. The brake lights in front appear, a set of red eyes staring your headlights down.

Read more…

kicker_driverTeam KICKER

You’ll see Team KICKER place strongly in the more traditional motorsports of Touring, Endurance and Open Wheel disciplines. They are the team most likely to give Ravenwest a run for their money in these styles of racing, and you’ll need a proven record of success before they’ll make you an offer.

Read more…

mcm_playablePlay GRID Autosport at MCM!

ROAD TRIP! The estate is ready to roll, the bbq and dog are in the back, the windows are down and the system is up – next stop the MCM London Comic Con! If you’re heading down to London this weekend then we’d love you to swing by Stand 441

Read more…

Autosport_Multiplayer_03GRID Autosport // Online Racing & Vehicle Progression

However, the structure is similar to what you will find throughout the rest of the game – five Disciplines of racing, each providing a distinct experience, but now with the added challenge of going wheel-to-wheel with other players from around the world.

Read more…

DiRT

binks-5

David Binks joins us on the Codies Blog this week with a special guest post. It would be a bit of a spoiler if I told you all about it, so I’ll let the man himself do the talking.

My name is David Binks, and I’m a not-so-tame Racing driver! This is the first of what will be a regular series of blogs I’ll be doing here at Codies. I’m a Rallycross driver by day but I’m also a huge fan of Codemasters racing games and have recently been able to lend my experience behind the wheel to the guys and help them in the development process. It’s been an amazing to see what they do and being able to play my part has been great, but we’ll leave that story for another time.

Read More…

drc-4

Round 4 of the DiRT Rally Championship kicked off yesterday and this week we’re heading to Norway for some Group B action in the Snow Blower Rally.

If you would like to take part, you’ll find full details over on the forum.

Formula 1

We mentioned F1 Race Stars is out now and free to download from the App Store right?

Ah we did? Well, did we mention that we have teamed up with Pirelli on Twitter to give away an awesome prize bundle. Visit the competition page for full details of the prize – for a chance to win simply retweet the following tweet.

Finally, don’t forget that this weekend plays host to the Monaco Grand Prix. As ever we’ll be covering it on our Twitter and Facebook accounts – send us a tweet and let us know who you want to see win.

Screenshot of the Week

Yeah we know its cheating, but we’re going with one of our own this week.

Autosport_Multiplayer_01

Video of the Week

Video of the week belongs to Aarava who was the star of this week’s Community Spotlight.

And as a bonus the Birmingham team were off karting again.

Tweet of the Week

Shouldn’t you guys be busy this weekend?

That is your lot for this week’s Codies Weekly Update. We have a nice, long 3-day weekend ahead of us so we’ll be spending it sleeping. Whatever you are up to, have a good one and we’ll be back next week.

About Lee Williams

Codemasters Community Manager, beard grower, biscuit stealer and fan of all things off road.

View all posts by Lee Williams

You might also like