DiRT Rally 2.0 Roadbook – June 7, 2019
I’m PJ and I recently joined Codemasters to keep you all informed and excited about DiRT Rally 2.0. If you want to know more about me and my history here’s my intro post on the forums, but let’s crack on with everything else that’s been going on recently! It’s been a busy week for DiRT Rally 2.0, so let’s take a look back and see what happened.
Season 2 has begun!
The second Season of DiRT Rally 2.0 is here, and we kick off with the addition of Group B Rallycross to the game. The Peugeot 205 T16 Rallycross and the Ford RS200 Evolution showed up on Tuesday and we’ve already seen some spectacular action as people throw those monsters round the circuits. Season owners also got their first Credits Drop and custom liveries of the Season, with a fetching blue and white design showing up on the Volkswagen Polo GTI R5, Opel Kadett C GT/E and more.
PS4 DLC Entitlement Issues
Over the past few days we got word from PlayStation 4 users about issues regarding their DLC content being inaccessible in My Team. After checking with various people here at Codemasters we were able to put together an FAQ which should resolve most of these issues. If you ever have trouble accessing purchased DLC content on PlayStation 4 in the future check out these tips first and email us if nothing seems to work.
DiRT Rally 2.0 at SpeedMachine and the FIA World Rallycross Championship
The FIA World Rallycross Championship came to the UK in late May and DiRT Rally 2.0 was there too as part of the SpeedMachine festivities. It was great to see everybody enjoying their time with the game at the Xite Racing garage, including some of the regulars from the World Rallycross grid! We’ve got a gallery of our favourite snaps up on Facebook and Chris also put together a roundup of the action on the blog.
Sales and Discounts
Are you ready to rise to the challenge? DiRT Rally 2.0 and various other items are currently discounted in numerous ways across Steam, PlayStation and Xbox. The Steam sales end this afternoon (June 7) so you’ll need to get in there quickly, whereas the other platforms run for the next week or so.
- Steam – DiRT Rally 2.0 Standard Edition – 50% Off
- Steam – DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition – 50% Off
- Steam – DiRT Rally 2.0 DLC – 40% Off
- PlayStation (EU) – DiRT Rally 2.0 Standard Edition – 20% Off (50% Off with PlayStation Plus)
- PlayStation (EU) – DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition – 20% Off (50% Off with PlayStation Plus)
- PlayStation (US) – DiRT Rally 2.0 Standard Edition – 50% Off
- PlayStation (US) – DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition – 50% Off
- Xbox – DiRT Rally 2.0 Standard Edition- 50% Off
- Xbox – DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition – 50% Off
- Xbox – DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Content Pack – 50% Off
- Xbox – DiRT Rally – 80% Off
- Xbox – DiRT 4 – 80% Off
DiRT Rally 2.0: Version 1.5
Version 1.5 of DiRT Rally 2.0 is coming next week, handling some popular requests, fixes and features from the community. The headline act is the addition of Clubs, giving you all a way to build your own communities, join your friends and run Championships in-game. We’ll have more info on Clubs next week and on how it all works but for now here’s a summary of what’s coming in the update:
- Club support added to Freeplay.
- Visual improvements made to rain effects.
- Service Areas will appear correctly in Weekly and Monthly Challenges.
- Monthly Challenge Leaderboards adjusted to show total Event times instead of individual Stage times.
- Elite and Master AI difficulty adjusted in My Team Rally Events to provide a fairer transition upwards from Pro.
- Start-line AI behaviour adjusted at Lohéac Bretagne circuit.
- AI cars will now be washed after Rallycross races.
- Notification added for when a player completes research on a car’s final engine upgrade in My Team.
- Chase cameras adjusted to reduce camera clipping into roadside objects.
- Non-English language co-driver volume increased.
- Corrections to some non-English language co-driver calls.
- General stability improvements and minor bug fixes.
That’s it for this week, and I leave you all with this awesome image from UDegani that we shared a few days ago. See you all soon!