Codies Weekly Update 7-11-14

by 

on 

November 7, 2014

Feels like I’ve not done this for ages… Worried I’ve forgotten how to do it! Ah I know the weather, it’s grey, grey and cold – autumn in the UK is such a lovely time of year. Fear not, there is a little ray of sunshine on the horizon as next week sees the big launch of our table top racing extravaganza, Toybox Turbos!

That’s right, starting Tuesday, PlayStation 3 owners and Steam users can get their hands on our box of toys with Xbox 360 owners joining us on the car mat next Friday. To tide you over until then Tom Goodchild, Principal Games Designer, takes you through how we brought four-player local multiplayer to Toybox Turbos!

Ok, I’m going to show my age here, but I’m privileged enough (or old enough!) to have enjoyed playing video games for over twenty years, and some of my favourite memories in multiplayer gaming was when everyone playing together around a single screen with four (or more) controllers plugged into the same console. Today, online multiplayer really is the dominant force in social gaming, so I’m aware that this might sound a bit archaic to some. But the thing about playing shoulder-to-shoulder with your friends is that the dynamic completely changes. It’s more communal and informal. That’s my designer side coming out, but basically it’s generally more fun.

toybox_escape_01

You can read the full dev diary from Tom right here but if that’s got you in the mood for some four player mayhem we’ve just released the 4 pack that gets you four copies of Toybox Turbos for the price of three and you can save a further 10% off for pre-ordering!  Drop by the Steam Store to pre-order now.

Weekly Humble Bundle Racing

humble-racing-bundle

It’s Humble Bundle time and we’ve teamed up with some great developers to offer the Humble Weekly Bundle Racing Pack featuring DiRT 3 and DiRT Showdown along with: Urban Trial Freestyle by Tate Multimedia, Real World Racing by Playstos Entertainment, WRC Powerslide from Milestone and Joe Danger 2 The Movie from Hello Games.  We’re doing it all in aid of two fantastic charities; Special Effect and Save the Children.

F1 2014

Get in the mood for the Brazilian Grand Prix as Felipe Massa takes to the track at the Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace. Don’t forget that F1 2014 is available now for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Want to know more? Senior Games Designer Lee Mather answers your questions in our F1 2014 Q&A.

GRID Autosport

2014-11-06_00004

Shortly after the release of GRID 2 we released some free DLC that focused on the Demo Derby aspect of the game, and for Autosport we went one step further by including that content within the game straight from the get go. Not to be out done by our previous efforts we’ve teamed up with Valve to offer you a very special version of Demo Derby.

The Detroit Stadium becomes the ‘Badlands Stadium’ complete with trackside sponsorship from Mann Co. and your other favourite Team Fortress 2 corporations; such as Scoot’s Canoe, Jimi Jam, Gummy’s Burgers and more.

There are even a couple of Aperture Science flags flying, and the giant video wall now displays scenic messages, encouraging you to pay a visit to the likes of Gravel Pit and Teufort. There’s even a special ship hidden within the track scenery, let us know if you find it!

Find out more here

Tweet of the Week

What a find! Well done knight01rider

Screenshot of the Week

Renegade Squirrel! (credit: DABEASTKING )

sotw-7-11-14

Video of the Week

We’re going with a Vine this week – Nailed it

Wow this was a busy week! I’m going for a nap now, we’ll be back next week with what is bound to be a jam packed Toybox Turbos edition.

Have an awesome weekend!

About Lee Williams

Codemasters Community Manager, beard grower, biscuit stealer and fan of all things off road.

View all posts by Lee Williams

You might also like