Tarmac Terrors – Now Available for DiRT Rally
Month three of DiRT Rally and our next big update is now live. Version v.0.5 – more commonly known as the Tarmac Terrors update – has now been added to DiRT Rally; it’s fast paced, technical and is going to require all your focus. Here’s the full run down of what you can expect in this month’s update.
- 12 new rally stages based at Baumholder in Germany
- Owners Club Online Events – A second DiRT Daily where you compete in your own car
- A second weekly event where we’ll be experimenting and throwing new challenges at you
- 5 new rally cars featuring new Group B RWD & Kit Car Classes
- Opel Kadett GT/E 16v
- Opel Manta 400
- Lancia 037 Evo 2
- Seat Ibiza Kitcar
- Peugeot 306 Maxi
- New calibration and options screens in “Advanced Wheel Settings” (added in v.0.4.5)
If you’re new to DiRT Rally, hello! Welcome to the team. If you’ve been here for a while we want to thank you again for your continued support.
We’ve got a really exciting summer of content and updates planned so to be sure you’re in the loop on the latest DiRTy gossip make sure you are following us on Twitter, Facebook or even our subreddit.
Alongside all of our new features we’ve been hard at work tracking cleaning those annoying bugs of the front of the bumper, here’s the full list of what we’ve fixed in this latest version:
- Error 41 – Fixed instances of the game not booting when there is less than 2GB of free space on C:\ drive. This was one of the causes of the dreaded error 41.
- Achievement – “Going up in the world” will now pop if you had previously purchased a Hillclimb car but not received the achievement.
- Stability – Driving the Peugeot 405 T16 would sometimes cause stability issues, we’ve fixed those now.
- Graphics – Quite a few changes for users running Nvidia SLI. That weird black and orange screen bug is fixed and we’ve solved the graphical corruption when using SLI and anti-aliasing on high/ultra graphical presets.
- Graphics – Made the lighting on the sunset routes of Pikes Peak look less… Well… You know.
- Audio – The engine audio level in cockpit view can now be properly controlled by the slider.
- Gameplay – The reset button should appear sooner during those awkward moments when you beach your car at the side of the road. Though we advise not beaching your car.
- Gameplay – Sometimes you could rev the engine so hard on the Audi Sport Quattro the “Recover vehicle” prompt would pop up, it won’t do that anymore.
- Gameplay – We’ve planted some trees and shrubs in areas of Greece and Wales where we spotted that some of you were taking shortcuts. Taking some cuts in rally is cool but these cuts were definitely not cool.
- Gameplay – Fixed a loophole which would let you continually repair your car in Online Hillclimb events.
- Gameplay – Online Hillclimb events will now factor in slower times from Run 2 and they won’t overwrite faster times from Run 1.
- Message box – Stopped the Promotion message box from incorrectly displaying when you have completed the Masters Championship and finished in the top 3 positions.
- Save – Your advanced set ups should now save as expected
- Oculus – Sometimes the background on the main menu would vanish, we’ve fixed that now.
- Online Events – You’ll now be disqualified if you don’t start moving within a minute
- Leagues – Made the text on the league screens easier to read on lower resolutions.
- Audio – Pre-update your co-driver may have become a little disinterested if you left the centre of the track from time to time, we’ve spoken to him about his attitude.
- Audio – Ever had two sets of music play over a replay? That’s not a remix version and it should stop happening from now on.
- Controller Fix – Fixed an issue which meant players couldn’t change the stage conditions when using the Microsoft Sidewinder Wheel.
To get the latest update you don’t need to do anything, simply fire up Steam and the full update should automatically download to your PC.
As with every big update we’ll be live with the DiRT Show which you can watch on twitch.tv/dirtgame. We’ll have competition prizes, you can ask the team questions; watch us play through all the new stuff. It’s going to be great so be sure to tune in.
For now enjoy your 12 new stages and some of the most challenging roads to hit DiRT Rally.
Next stop. Rallycross.