DiRT Rally World RX Multiplayer Update
Woa! It’s time for DiRT Rally’s v.0.7 update already, which this month introduces online competitive play to DiRT Rally. That’s right, you’ll now be able to head online and challenge your friends in officially licensed FIA World Rallycross events.
But wait there’s more! We’ve also added a stack of new features and changes including:
- A new World RX track – Hell, Norway
- New Rallycross drivers including, Liam Doran and Petter Solberg
- Wet weather for all Rallycross tracks
- Three new cars: DS3, MINI Countryman Rallycross and Subaru WRX STI
- Brand new Wager Daily Event
- Some new advanced gamepad options
- Added a “Very Early” option for your Co-Driver calls
- A frankly amazing set of Hints and Tips for you to read during loading screens
- Removed the additional time penalty when the Off Track Reset Countdown expires and upped the limit on the timer
- We’ll now show you your ‘Fastest lap’ onscreen for an entire Rallycross Event
- Clutch Override which will give you the ability to use your clutch to override the automatic gearbox clutch
And that’s not all! On top of all that goodness above we’ve also made the following additions and changes to DiRT Rally.
- *bleep bloop* new achievements
- Added a toggle for ‘Clutch Override’, which allows you to override the automatic clutch (allowing for clutch kicking)
- ‘Advanced gamepad options’ are now available for joysticks… Yup somebody out there is playing DiRT Rally with a joystick
- Message added indicating if you’ve missed the entrance or exit of the joker lap.
- Optimised all routes for Lydden Hill so it chugs less
- Graphical Improvements to all stages on the Holjes Circuit as well as the routes for Powys, Wales and Pikes Peak
- Those excessive gravel surface sounds have been toned down – which should also help with stuttering audio
- Fixed an issue where the Community delta time splits were being incorrectly shown in the Pant Mawr stage from Wales
- Light pods no longer show on day routes when using the bonnet / interior cameras on certain vehicles
- Direct Input slider axis enumeration has been fixed which is a fancy way of saying this should solve issues with pedal bindings, most frequently the clutch
- Rallycross friend leaderboards now only show the players fastest lap time
- Abandoning a Rallycross Daily Event now uploads the stage maximum, rather than the time the game was paused… oops
- Jump starting certain Rallycross tracks no longer results in the players lap counter refusing to increment when passing the start/finish line
- Fix for the Founder liveries disappearing after the player resets their profile
- Community delta times are now displayed correctly in the standings before the event begins
- The Community delta times that were invalid on some tracks have now been reset
- Crossing a reset line will now always result in you receiving a penalty
- The Rallycross AI will now find the correct gear at the start of the race and not comically reverse
- Joker laps will now register even when exiting the joker sector backwards… Because sometimes it’s fun to show off
- The AI will now take the Joker lap in a Rallycross event less than 4 laps
- The AI should no longer accidently take a Joker lap when switching paths after losing control.
- Did you ever see that bug where the Rallycross AI would drive into a barrier, reverse, then drive into again? It was pretty funny but we thought we better fix it
- Used your data to improve our AI across all Rallycross routes. They’ll now put up much more of a challenge
Just like every time we release an update there are a few things which we know won’t be perfect, don’t forget that DiRT Rally is in Early Access still and we need you to help us polish it.
We’re confident that everything should run smoothly and thank you to all our players who have been helping us test this latest update. So if you spot something that isn’t quite right or working as you expect be sure to swing by either the Codemasters Forums or Steam Forums to let us know.
As ever thank you for your support so far, we know we say this a lot but we really are grateful of all the feedback to date.
Next month we head to Finland for the fastest and most exciting update yet.
Don’t Cut. Be Brave.