DiRT Rally World RX Update
At the start of last month we announced our partnership with the FIA World Rallycross Championship and today we’re pleased to release the first of two new World RX updates which will bring the world’s fastest growing motorsport to DiRT Rally.
V.0.6 more commonly known as the World RX Update is now live and we’re really excited to be working with the team at the FIA World Rallycross to bring you a choice selection of drivers, cars and some of the best circuits in the calendar.
Here’s the tl;dr list of what we’ve added, changed and tweaked in this month’s update:
- Embark on a new World RX Career and Custom Events
- Two new circuits, Höljes, Sweden and Lydden Hill, England both with three routes each
- Official FIA Rallycross Championship drivers, cars and liveries
- Anti-cheat stuff which will stop the small few from messing up our leaderboards. Our next step is to tell your mum you’ve been cheating – don’t say we didn’t warn you
- Ability to identify your device as a wheel if you own one which isn’t supported yet
- A brand new DiRT Daily Event type where you’ll be competing against the community Delta
- Ability to repair a puncture mid-stage
- Ability to remove the drivers arms without causing him to bleedout
- Now have the ability to return the wheel back to zero degrees when your car is reset
This is just the first of our World RX packs; in the next one we’ll be adding a new track, new cars and online competitive play. Until then be sure to check out fiaworldrallycross.com for more info about this awesome motorsport.
Here’s the full list of everything else we’ve changed, fixed and made better:
- Three new World RX cars: the Ford Fiesta WRX, Volkswagen Polo Rallycross and Peugeot 208 WRX.
- Two new tracks: Lydden Hill, UK and Höljes, Sweden.
- New music tracks for your listening pleasure.
- Toggle added to enable centring of the steering wheel when the car is reset to track or starting a new race. This can be turned on/off from the “Advanced Wheel” menu in the options menu by toggling “Centre Steering”. The strength of this effect can be tuned from the “Vibration and Feedback” menu by changing “Steering Centre Force”.
- Added a FFB slider to control the strength of the force applied when centring the wheel.
- Clutch deadzone and saturation sliders have been added to the advanced wheel options screen.
- Added support for the Leobodnar Sim Steering FFB system.
- A game preference has been added to allow for the driver arms and steering wheel to be hidden when using an interior camera.
- Progress bar now has red/green markers showing the split when completing a sector.
- The “Little Light” achievement now unlocks after fulfilling the criteria.
- Win Championship based achievements now unlock after a player loses an event during that championship… Sorry.
- All Hillclimb achievements now unlock correctly when the requirements are met.
- Terminal reset lines on the Monte Carlo rally route Pra d’Alart have been pushed back from the track edge.
- General art fixes to the Germany routes.
- Visual co-driver calls improved throughout all tracks.
- Ambience added to German routes.
- Various fixes to benchmark mode race playback
- Solved issue where the game would freeze and stutter while driving when the user has multiple hard drives.
- Added functionality to override the type of device for a controller or wheel – enabling advanced options for these input device respectively.
- Steering linearity is now being applied to the Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel.
- Position difference. Indicator shown in the Championship Standings for a Hillclimb event now displays the change in championship positions.
- Fixed an issue where the distance required to unlock the later engineers wasn’t updating.
- Fix for replay camera sequence sometimes getting stuck on the onboard camera.
- Issue where the default vehicle tuning settings were not being applied correctly is now fixed.
- Fixed an issue where cars would flip or launch into the air when driving at speed near low height objects… We’re gonna miss watching those videos.
- Upgraded motion platform and telemetry peripheral support so you can now run as many DBox and UDP streams as you want, simultaneously without the need for 3rd party software.
- Finishing 16th in a championship event will now give considerably less rewards.
- Fixed a problem where the game would cause random inputs in the menus that didn’t come from you.
- Various fixes to improve stability and reduce jitter in post race cut scene and replays.
- Fixed the championship position indicators displaying the wrong information.
- Fixed issue where warning message were still present on screen after completing an event.
- Updated vibration and feedback screen to display descriptions for each of the options.
- A wide range of fixes and tweaks to prepare for the upcoming content.
This latest update will download to your PC automatically but if you happen to be one of the few who haven’t joined us yet for early access… What are you waiting for? Download DiRT Rally from Steam now.