GRID – More Confirmed Cars and FAQs Answered
The weeks continue to tick down until the launch of the brand new GRID, and it’s amazing to see the excitement and feedback from you guys around the game. Fresh off of our trip to Oviedo to catch up with Race Consultant Fernando Alonso, and last week’s deep dive into the new Career mode, we’re back in the fast lane with polishing up GRID and giving you fresh news and insight.
So, it’s time to answer a few more frequently asked questions from you, the GRID community.
Is the new GRID designed to be played on a wheel or a pad?
– Both. GRID is all about accessibility and choice, and we know there is a huge demand to play on both a wheel and a standard gaming controller across all platforms. Throughout development, the team have ensured the game is optimised for both styles of play. Closer to launch we expect to have a full list of supported devices for those wanting to play on a wheel and/or rig, so stay tuned.
Is there Demolition Derby in GRID?
– So there isn’t a set Demolition Derby mode in GRID, and it doesn’t currently feature in the single-player Career. That isn’t quite the full story, though. Other areas of the game will give you the chance to get extra-feisty with your opponents. We’ll be revealing more on this on the way to launch.
What can I expect in terms of post-launch content for GRID?
– The short version? A lot. The longer version? Expect a lengthy and varied selection of post-launch GRID goodies. Ultimate Edition players will receive exclusive cars, events and objectives, as well as liveries and other visual items. As we mentioned in last week’s Career mode focus, we’re looking to add nearly 100 more events into the mode after launch day for those players, almost the double the mode in size. Even if you’re not an Ultimate Edition, owner, though, we’ll be dropping brand new content for you, including cars and circuits, for no additional cost.
What limitations are there on running certain cars on certain circuits?
– None. Nada. Zilch. In Free Play mode, any car that you own can be driven on any circuit, on any route, in any time of day or weather condition. Want to take the Renault R26 up and down the streets of San Francisco? Go for it? Want to throw the Ferrari 488 GTE around the new Havana circuit? No problem.
Is there more news to come on multiplayer in GRID?
– Oh yes.We know that one of the strengths of the GRID franchise has always been multiplayer, whether you’re taking or the world on your friends. The new GRID gives players new ways to flaunt their skill and unique style of player, with a level system, accolades and player cards to display. There’s plenty more to show and tell on multiplayer, so stick around.
Are any old AI opponents returning in the new GRID?
– Yes. We know many of you have some old scores to settle with the likes of Rick Scott and Patrick Callaghan, so built into our AI system with 400 different personalities are some old GRID adversaries. They’ll line up alongside lots of new challengers, including FA Racing stars like Fernando Alonso and Jamie Chadwick.
Latest Confirmed Cars
We’re gradually updating the list of confirmed cars in GRID – and it’s time to beef up that list once again, starting with a special announcement.
GRID is delighted to feature two cars from the IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship: the Acura DPi and Cadillac DPi-V.R. As used in 2018 season, these two machines are all about speed and shedding weight, and are some of the fastest cars in GRID. Our very own Race Consultant knows the class very well, winning this year’s IMSA Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona in a Cadillac DPi. Interested in seeing them in action? Keep an eye on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels this week for some very special gameplay footage #LikeNoOther…
More cars are being confirmed today, and here they are:
- Aston Martin Vantage GT4 – GT
- Mazda RX-7 Panspeed – Tuner
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Time Attack – Tuner
- Renault R26 – Open-Wheel
- Subaru Impreza WRX – Tuner
- Subaru WRX STI TC-2 – Touring
- SRT Viper GTS-R – GT
GRID Cars Already Confirmed: