Now Available: Update 5 for F1® Mobile Racing
It’s time to change the game.
Update for F1® Mobile Racing is rolling out right now across all compatible devices on iOS and Android, making it the FIRST place where you can play your part in the 2019 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™.
It’s our biggest ever update and signals a massive step forward for our free-to-play official F1® title, which players have been jumping into since October last year. Brand new content; mode expansions; visual upgrades; Update 5 is pretty darn humongous, and we can’t wait to see you guys play it. Here’s our brand new trailer to celebrate the release:
Let’s dive right in and take a look at the extended notes of new additions and changes within Update 5:
- The 2019 Season Update brings the official team liveries, driver line-ups and driver helmets from the 2019 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ into the game. Race against this season’s grid and purchase liveries and helmets from the in-game Shop. Any 2018 liveries purchased will be automatically converted to the 2019 version, whilst any purchased driver helmets will remain in your inventory.
- Season Championship mode takes GRAND PRIX™ Events to the next level, combining scores from every event this season to rank players on a global leaderboard. Prizes are up for grabs at the middle and end of the season, as well as exclusive rewards at the end of each event, such as liveries and helmets.
- A re-run of the Azerbaijan GRAND PRIX™ Event will take place this weekend (May 1st), with a full Qualifying and Race Series, and brand new exclusive rewards to be won! The score from this event, not last week’s, will be the score that contributes to your overall leaderboard score.
- Multi-Setup allows players to design multiple R&D setups for their car, before choosing which setup you want to use ahead of each race. Up to three setups can be utilised, and you’ll be able to select from them after finding out which circuit and race type you’ll be racing in.
- VIP Subscription offer opens up more research and R&D possibilities, as well as an exclusive gold paint to use on your custom car.
- Season Pass, available from the Shop, prepares you for Season Championship mode, giving you a team livery and driver helmet of your choice, along with unlimited retries for past events.
- Visual and technical improvements across the board, as well as other community-driven changes, including the option to switch off the racing line in all modes.
Note: Please ensure you have the latest version of iOS or Android installed for optimum performance.
“We’re incredibly excited to make another huge step forward with F1® Mobile Racing through this new update”, said Vincent Meulle, Executive Producer at Codemasters. “Bringing the official team liveries, drivers and helmets from the new F1® season is something we know that players have been eager to see, and we’re delighted that F1® Mobile Racing will be the very first place that players can get their hands on this year’s content.
“These new additions join an ever-growing selection of features for the game, which has already evolved massively since launch and will continue to do so. Adding 2019 season content is a big step for F1® Mobile Racing, but we still have much more in the pipeline for our players and can’t wait to reveal more.”
If you’d like a sneak peek at how all of this looks in the game, our livestream from earlier this week is what you need:
In the livestream, we mention that Azerbaijan is being re-run this weekend, so prepare for an extra weekend of GRAND PRIX™ Event action! A brand new livery is included in the rewards, and here it is…
On top of that, there’s also a unique driver helmet up for grabs! Don’t say we don’t spoil you. ;)